Introduction offer. Purchase DOCXReadWrite and receicve AXWReports for free!
Instead of using a special report editor when creating reports, AXWReports uses MS Word documents as templates for the reports.
This gives you several advantages:
- You don't have to learn how to use a report editor. At least not if you are familiar with MS Word.
- As the report template is a MS Word document, it is easy to distribute and easy for other users to change.
- You can use the features of MS Word, such as text formatting, tables, text boxes and much more.
- A report can easily be merged into another MS Word document.
- AXWReports uses DOCXReadWrite for creating the report files. This means that you can use DOCXReadWrite to post process the reports.
AXWReports is available for VCL and Firemonkey.
Clicke here for an detailed instruction of how to create a report template in MS Word.
AXWReports uses the familiar band oriented concept. The following type of bands are supported:
- DataSet. The default band type. Used to iterate trough te records of a data set. DataSet bands can have childs to any depth in order to create master-detail relations.
- SubReports. Bands that are executed after another band is executed.
- SubPages. Bands that are on a separate page, as for building table of contents.
- ReportHeader. A header that is written once for the report.
- ReportFooter. A footer that is written once for the report.
- PageHeader. A header that is on top of every report page.
- Pagefooter. A footer that is on bottom of every report page.
- GroupHeader. A band that is executed if a condition is met.
- GroupFooter. Footer band of a GroupHeader.
- Bands can be executed when the result of an expression is met.
- Tables can be used in reports by defining a row as a band. When using tables, the band row will repeat and extend the table with new rows for each database recors. There is also a FillTable mode, where a fixed size table will be filled out, and the execution stops when the table is full.
- Use conditions and expressions to control if a band is executed. When using an expression, the band is executed if the expression evaluates to true. On a condition, the band is executed if the return value of the conditions changes, such as a database field.
- Formula fields are supported. All functions available in MS Excel are supported as long as they are relevant (You can't use worksheet and other Excel specefic formulas as there are no worksheets in a report).
- Aggregate values, Count, Sum, Min and Max in formulas are supported
- Bar codes, including QR-codes can be used.